Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Time to sketch

'Untitled'. Acrylic on bristol board, 30 x 42 cm

After finishing the last piece, I thought I would take a little break and do some sketches. I have wanted to try acrylic on paper or board, so now seems like a good time. I also thought it would be nice to have some smaller sketches to accompany the large canvases at the next exhibition which should be next month. I'll post the sketches as I go along. Today was my first try and so far I really like working on the smooth texture of the board with the acrylic paints.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Dawn...I love your new work 'Untitled'! And to see the completed diptych....very nice all finished. Looking forward to the new series.

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Very nice stuff...sorry no reply, broken foot for many months! It sucks just in time for winter...ya!

Ok talk soon cheers mark