Sunday, February 21, 2010

Painting study - new work




Just completed my study for the new painting. I wasn't sure what the best way to handle the trees in front of the house would be. I wanted it to be a bit looser in style, more about colour and texture than about recreating the tree exactly. I tried a few variations, but I think a strong trunk and main branches, with direction brush strokes in a variation of tones will work the best.
I also didn't know if the red/orange/yellow undertones would work either but I think it will be fine. Ready to start painting the big canvas now.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

You always keep surprising us!! Keep us smiling and enjoying!

Keltoi said...

.... that brilliant!!!!, obtained well in all his set, although ... demasíada melancholy but this is a reason of the author,...
Abraiada!!!!.... (palabra en el idioma gallego), saludos!!