Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Belated 2008 SNBA Paris salon recap


Its been far too long since I've updated here, but I've had a few exciting months. In December I was in Paris for the SNBA salon. It was a great experience. The opening on Thursday was more like an open house than a vernissage. The place was packed with thousands mulling around. Next time I'm going to bring a chair and some water so I can last the whole evening. My friends Cheryl and Paula joined me for the trip and we took a little break from the opening for a drink at Le Fumoir..a great bar just beside the Louvre. Saturday evening there was more of a cocktail where artists were able to socialize a bit with each other. Even though I knew it was going to be a big salon, it was still a bit overwhelming. Next time I'll know a bit more what to expect. Speaking of, its actually time hard to believe but its actually time to enter for the 2009 Salon.

No comments: